Friday, January 23, 2009

Our Life So Far!

My name is Melody and my husbands name is Greg. We got married July 22, 2006, which was the most wonderful day of our lives thats until.......We found out we were PREGNANT. I thought I was going to have trouble like my mom and sisters but I didn't. God blessed us with our first babygirl on August 23, 2007. I didn't have trouble getting pregnant but the delivery wasn't so easy. I got rust to the hospital 4 weeks early because I got toxemia. After a long 42 hour labor she finally came. They desided to keep her in the nursery cause I was exhausted. I woke greg up at 5:00am cause I was ready to see my little girl. We went down to the nursery and they told us to wait that the nurse would come talk to us. We were so scared we didn't know what was going on. The nurse finally came. She told us that she had a seizure and there was blood on her brain, and her oxygen was very low. We went to the NICU to find our little girl plugged up to all kinds of machines. I had only seen this in movies and this freeked me out. My healthy 6lb 9oz baby was in the NICU. I didn't understand how this could happen, what did I do wrong. I wanted to hold her in my arms, and let her know everything was ok. But they wouldn't let me touch her. I got released from the hospital a day later without my baby. I felt so broken and empty. This little person who had been growing inside me for the past 8 months, wasn't in there no more and she wasn't in my arms. Greg dropped me off at the hospital every morning on the way to work. Then when he got off we would spend time with her til 9. Everyday hour by hour she got better. We finally got to hold her and change her diaper two days before she got released. She got to come home on my moms birthday. August 30th, She was a week old. Everything was going good she finnally started gaining weight and then.......She got RSV. Gosh i was thinking how much more can this little girl take. She was three months old in the hospital once again. She lost a total of 3lbs, putting her back to where she stared. Thankfully our little girl made it to her first birthday with no more problems. We found out 2 days before her birthday we were expecting our 2nd. Boy was 2008 a whopper. It toke alot out of us but it brought me and greg closer. Greg lost 3 jobs last year and the last one was thanksgiving. He just got a job after looking for 3 months. He's an electrician, something he has never done in his life. An yet he is doing a great job. The only problem with the job its a out of town job. He stays gone for weeks at a time and then he comes home for a few days and then he's gone again. It's been a horrible two weeks. I've gone to the hospital twice. One time thinking i was in labor cuz the pain was so horrible. I also have a little girl that misses her daddy alot. She has just relized that he is not here this week, and boy has she been fun. She's going through her terrible twos EARLY. An she's got my attitude problem, and her mouth......BOY does she have one. She says some words REAL good and the others well i'm still trying to figure those out. She will tell you off in a second if she don't like something. Her mouth and my pain level is getting me down. We stay at my parents house at night cause, Im alittle to scared of the creeping floors at my house. WE HAVE A GHOST! An im not too crazy about him. I have know him since I was little, and he likes to play tricks and Im not in a tricks mood right not. We bought the house my parents rasied me in, Cause I wanted to raise my family in it. So thats why we go way back. Thats pretty much about the baileys so far, so keep checking back you never know whats going to happen NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment