Thursday, November 4, 2010

Taco Soup

We have been eating at home more, (It's better on the budget)So I found a reciepe for taco soup. Well I found alot but none that I was total pleased with. I found one that had some of the ingrediates I had but I changed a few things. It was so good and it goes great with corn bread. (Which was actually MY first time making it)Here is the reciepe below.


Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 tbs onion powder
1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 can kidney beans with liquid
1 can corn with liquid
1 can rotel
1 can mexican sytle chile beans with liquid
1 pkg. taco seasoning
salt & pepper to taste

Brown beef. Add onion powder and salt and pepper and cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
If desired, may top bowls of soup with grated cheese. Goes great with corn bread. Serves 6 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment